OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO ANY FUNDRAISING PROMOTION (THE “PROMOTION(S)”) OR CLAIM ANY EXPERIENCE OR PRIZE (THE “GRAND PRIZE(S)”) MADE AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE (THE “SITE”)
1. WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO: Boon-Town, Inc. (“Boon-Town,” “we”, “us” and “our”) provides a platform and opportunity for individual participants (“Participants”) to come together with charities, non-profit organizations and other fundraising entities to support featured causes (the “Cause(s)”), and in turn, become eligible for certain unique and unforgettable Grand Prizes. Participants may enter a Promotion by either making a monetary donation (a “Donation” and the “Donation Method”) to a Cause, or by using Boon-Town’s free method of entry (“Free Entry” and the “Free Entry Method” and, together with the Donation Method, the “Entry Methods”). For greater certainty, Participants are not required to make a Donation to enter into a Promotion or win any Grand Prize offered in connection with a Promotion.
2. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Promotions are open to all residents of eligible jurisdictions as set out in the Promotion-Specific Rules (as defined below), who have reached the legal age of majority in their province, territory or state of residence at the time of entry, except employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents (and persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of Boon-Town and our advertising and promotion agents (“Ineligible Person(s)”).
By participating in a Promotion, each Participant acknowledges compliance with and agrees to be bound both by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) and by the interpretation of these Rules by Boon-Town. These Rules apply generally to all of our Promotions, and should be read in conjunction with any additional Promotion-specific rules (“Promotion-Specific Rules”). In the event of conflict between these Rules and Promotion-Specific Rules, Promotion-Specific Rules shall govern in all cases.
3. HOW TO ENTER: As stated in paragraph 1 above, Participants may enter a Promotion through one of two Entry Methods:
a) Donation Method: By visiting the Site and following the on-screen prompts, Participants will be directed to make a Donation to a Cause. Participants who enter a Promotion by the Donation Method will receive, provided the Participant meets the eligibility requirements stated in paragraph 2 above and subject to while quantities last, certain listed items (“Rewards”). Rewards are assigned on a tiered basis and are awarded according to the dollar amount of the Donation provided. Where the Donation you want to provide falls between two tiers of Rewards, you will be entitled to the Reward that is of lesser value, or such Reward that is otherwise indicated on the Site. Specific details regarding Rewards will be provided in the Promotion-Specific Rules or on the Site, as applicable. Rewards must be accepted as awarded. Boon-Town reserves the right to substitute alternate Rewards. Participants may be responsible for freight and shipping charges, as indicated in the Promotion-Specific Rules. Participants who are residents of the United States (if applicable) are responsible for any and all duty charges.
Please note that as your Donation entitles you to a Reward(s) and/or an entry(ies) into a draw to win a Grand Prize, the contributed amount is not eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
b) Free Entry Method: Participants may enter a Promotion without making a Donation through the Free Entry Method. Participants who wish to enter through the Free Entry Method may do so by printing, completing and submitting the Free Entry form (“Free Entry Form”) provided on the Site, or by following the instructions as otherwise directed in the Promotion-Specific Rules. Unless otherwise provided in the Promotion-Specific Rules, Participants entering through the Free Entry Method must fill in the Free Entry Form as indicated and send by mail to our address listed on the Free Entry Form. Participants who enter a Promotion by the Free Entry Method only are not eligible to receive the Rewards described above under the Donation Method.
All entries become the property of Boon-Town and none will be returned.
4. GRAND PRIZE DRAW: Details for each specific Promotion will be provided on the Site and in the applicable Promotion-Specific Rules. In general, each Promotion will feature a Grand Prize for which all Participants, meaning those who enter by either of the Entry Methods, are eligible provided they meet the eligibility requirements stated in paragraph 2 above.
Participants who enter a Promotion through the Donation Method will receive a number of entries into the draw for the Grand Prize determined by reference to their Donation amount. Further details as to the correlation between Donation amount and Grand Prize draw entries will be set out in the Promotion-Specific Rules or on the Site, as applicable. Each Participant who enters a Promotion through the Free Entry Method will receive the number of entries into the Grand Prize draw per accepted entry as stipulated in the Promotion-Specific Rules. You may submit more than one Free Entry, subject to the conditions that only one (1) Free Entry Form per envelope will be accepted and no incomplete, forged, mechanically reproduced or altered Free Entry Forms will be accepted. Any limitation on the amount of entries using the Donation Method and/or the Free Entry Method will be stipulated in the Promotion-Specific Rules.
The approximate retail value of a Grand Prize will be listed in the Promotion-Specific Rules. The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Donation Method and Free Entry Method entries received and accepted by the Promotion Closing Date (as defined in the applicable Promotion-Specific Rules).
5. WINNER SELECTION: Grand Prize winners will be selected in accordance with the applicable Promotion-Specific Rules. Unless otherwise specified, on or about five (5) business days following the Promotion Closing Date, Boon-Town, or an employee, agent or other representative, will determine the potential winner(s) (the “Selected Participant(s)”) by conducting a random draw from all eligible entries received and accepted before the Promotion Closing Date. Boon-Town reserves the right to require a minimum dollar amount of overall Donations to a Cause before any random draw occurs and all decisions of Boon-Town in respect of each Promotion, including without limitation, random draws and the determination of the Selected Participant(s) and winners, are final and binding, and subject to the sole discretion of Boon-Town.
6. WINNER CONFIRMATION: The Selected Participant(s) will be notified by email, or if there is no email address provided, by phone. Before being declared a winner, the Selected Participant will be required to (i) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in the case of residents of Canada, (ii) sign and return a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Winner’s Declaration and Release”), and (iii) complete and/or provide any other documentation and comply with any other requirements deemed necessary in the sole discretion of Boon-Town. Selected Participants may be required to provide documentation in support of proof of identity. Boon-Town may also, in its sole discretion, perform a background check on the Selected Participant(s) and any guest(s). Any guest(s), including any travel companion, of Grand Prize winners (or the parent/legal guardian of any guest(s) who is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence) will also be required to sign a standard liability/publicity release.
In the event a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question.
7. CONDITIONS ON GRAND PRIZE: Costs and expenses incurred by the Grand Prize winner and any of their guest(s), as may be applicable, in claiming or using the Grand Prize which are not expressly outlined in the Promotion-Specific Rules or any Promotion-specific description provided on the Site, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and any guest(s).
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and will have no cash value. The Grand Prize may not be sold, transferred or traded, and may not be substituted except at Boon-Town’s option. Boon-Town reserves the right in our absolute discretion to substitute another Grand Prize or a component of another Grand Prize for a Grand Prize or a component of a Grand Prize of equal or greater retail value for any reason whatsoever.
Any air travel provided in connection with a Grand Prize will be economy (coach) class, unless otherwise specified, and the itinerary for any such air travel will be determined by Boon-Town in our sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary unless Boon-Town determines otherwise. Additionally, the Grand Prize winner and any guest(s) are responsible for obtaining and providing any necessary travel documentation and Boon-Town is not responsible if the Grand Prize Winner and/or guest(s) are denied entry into Canada or any other country where the Grand Prize is to be held, performed carried out or accepted for any reason. Boon-Town will not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions in respect of any air travel, and lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced. Boon-Town further reserves the right to provide ground transportation in substitute of air travel where a Grand Prize winner or their guest(s) lives within a one hundred and fifty (150) kilometre radius of the location where the Grand Prize is to be held, performed, carried out or accepted. Any hotel accommodations provided in connection with a Grand Prize will be standard class, unless otherwise specified.
All taxes of any kind are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and their guest(s), as applicable, and are not the responsibility of Boon-Town. Certain of these conditions and others will be set out in greater detail in the applicable Promotion-Specific Rules.
8. CONDITIONS ON WINNING GRAND PRIZE: If the Selected Participant cannot be contacted by email or phone, or fails or refuses to complete and return the Winner’s Declaration and Release or any other documentation as may be required by Boon-Town, the Selected Participant will be disqualified, thereby forfeiting any entitlement to the Grand Prize. An alternate Grand Prize winner (the “Alternate Winner”) may be selected, in the sole discretion of Boon-Town and time-permitting, in accordance with the selection criteria noted above. Further, any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted by the Selected Participant or the Alternate Winner, will be deemed to be forfeited.
9. GRANT OF PUBLICITY: By entering a Promotion, through either of the Entry Methods, Participants agree and consent to Boon-Town’s use of their photographs, names and cities of residence, without further notice or compensation, for publicity relating to Boon-Town, the Site and any Promotion, whether online on the Site, on radio, in print, televised or any other form of media now known or discovered hereafter.
11. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: All Selected Participants are required to sign to the Winner’s Declaration and Release, as described in paragraph 5 above, that, among other things, (i) confirms compliance with these Rules and the applicable Promotion-Specific Rules, (ii) acknowledges the Selected Participant’s acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, and (iii) releases, discharges and hold harmless Boon-Town, any charities or non-profit organizations associated with the Cause, and the agents, employees, directors, successors and assigns thereof (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on or in connection with any aspect of a Promotion.
In addition, by entering a Promotion by either of the Entry Methods, all Participants agree to waive any rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Boon-Town or any of the Released Parties in connection with a Promotion, including but not limited to, in relation to (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or by any equipment or programming associated with a Promotion, (b) technical failures of any kind, including undeliverable email, any disconnections in phone lines or other communications methods, or network hardware or software malfunctions, (c) technical or human error in the administration of a Promotion, (d) any lost, misdirected or damaged Free Entries, or (e) any liability for physical injury, death or property damage which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Participants’ entry into any Promotion or acceptance of any Reward or Grand Prize. For greater certainty, if, for any reason, a Participant’s entry is erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise corrupted, the Participant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry into the Promotion, if timing permits, and otherwise into a different Promotion.
12. OTHER CONDITIONS: Boon-Town reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or amend any Promotion without prior notice or consent of the Participants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason a Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, Boon-Town reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion and to conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible Participants received by the Promotion Closing Date.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the Site or to undermine the legitimate operation of a Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Boon-Town reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
13. GOVERNING LAW: Any Promotion associated with this Site and/or Boon-Town is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, territorial, municipal and local laws.
Any trademarks used are for prize identification purposes only and are the properties of their respective owners.
Last Updated: February 7, 2018